Poached Eggs Gourmet
|Warm water||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Eggs||2 (Size 2, At Room Temperature)|
|For gentleman's sauce|
|Double cream||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Anchovy relish||1 1⁄4 Milliliter (1/4 Teaspoon, Patum Peperium)|
|Lemon juice||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh herb sprigs||2 (Use Parsley, Tarragon Or Chervil)|
|For bedlington sauce|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
1. Stir the salt into the water and dissolve. Pour 2 tablespoons of salted water into 2 small 150 ml (1/4 pint) heatproof ramekins or pots. Microwave on HIGH, uncovered, for 30 seconds to heat the water.
2. Carefully break one egg into each ramekin and prick each yolk twice, using a cocktail stick.
3. Put the ingredients of the chosen sauce into a third ramekin.
4. Arrange the 3 dishes in the oven in a triangle formation equidistant from the centre. Cover each with greaseproof paper and microwave on MEDIUM for 2 minutes. Halfway through cooking time, stir the sauce to blend the ingredients thoroughly.
5. Allow the eggs to stand for 30 seconds before draining and serving with a trickle of sauce and herb garnish.
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 412.6 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.84%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet