Creamed Haddock With Poached Egg
|Smoked haddock fillet||8 Ounce|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (A Squeeze)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Cut the fish in serving sizes.
2) In a saucepan, pour milk and dip the fish.
3) Place the saucepan over low heat to poach gently for 10-15 minutes. Strain the fish and reserve the milk for preparing sauce.
4) Flake the fish flesh; remove skin and bone, if any.
5) In a small saucepan, add butter or margarine to melt over moderate heat.
6) Sprinkle flour and gradually beat in the milk all the time to get a smooth sauce.
7) Cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
8) Season with salt and pepper.
9) Stir in lemon juice and add flaked fish.
10) In simmering salted water, poach the eggs.
11) Toast the bread and butter on one side.
12) Spoon creamed haddock on to the toast and top with a poached egg.
13) Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with grilled tomatoes.