Spiced Scotch Eggs
|Hard boiled eggs||6 , boiled|
|Hot pepper sauce||3 Drop|
|Worcestershire sauce||3 Drop|
|Ground sausage||1 Pound|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frying oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Crack the eggs and add hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce and sausage mince. Mix well.
2. Divide the meat mixture in 6 portions.
3. Use flour mixed with salt and pepper to dust over the eggs lightly.
4. Now, cover the egg with sausage mince, press and mould well.
5. Glaze beaten eggs on the top and roll in breadcrumbs.
6. Place the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
7. In a deep frying pan, heat oil and cook eggs until golden brown.
8. Remove from the heat and drain on absorbent paper.
9. Cool and chill before you pack for future usage.
10. Serve as and when required.
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.2%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 277 mg92.3%
Sodium 668 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 20 g39.2%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet