Vindaloo Of Eggs
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Chicken, Beef, Or Veal)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) Skin and chop onions finely.
2) Hard boil the eggs for about 8 minutes, put them in cold water.
3) Take out shells and keep aside to cool. Halve lengthwise.
4) In a heavy pan melt butter and sauté curry and chili powders over low heat for 1-2 minutes.
5) Stir flour and make a thick paste.
6) Mix onions and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
7) Pour vinegar gently and blend in stock till smooth.
8) Add bay leaf and thyme, season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook covered in simmering heat for 1 hour, stirring in between.
9) Arrange eggs in a layer in an ovenproof serving dish.
10) Strain the curry sauce and sieve. Pour over the eggs.
11) Let the eggs steep in sauce for 2-3 hours.
12) Cover with a lid or foil and place in oven at 400°F temperature for 30 minutes.
13) Serve hot with plain boiled rice. Add more flavor with spicy pickles and chutneys, , sweet pepper, and tomato chutneys.