Vindaloo Of Eggs
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Chicken, Beef, Or Veal)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) Skin and chop onions finely.
2) Hard boil the eggs for about 8 minutes, put them in cold water.
3) Take out shells and keep aside to cool. Halve lengthwise.
4) In a heavy pan melt butter and sauté curry and chili powders over low heat for 1-2 minutes.
5) Stir flour and make a thick paste.
6) Mix onions and stir constantly for 2 minutes.
7) Pour vinegar gently and blend in stock till smooth.
8) Add bay leaf and thyme, season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cook covered in simmering heat for 1 hour, stirring in between.
9) Arrange eggs in a layer in an ovenproof serving dish.
10) Strain the curry sauce and sieve. Pour over the eggs.
11) Let the eggs steep in sauce for 2-3 hours.
12) Cover with a lid or foil and place in oven at 400°F temperature for 30 minutes.
13) Serve hot with plain boiled rice. Add more flavor with spicy pickles and chutneys, , sweet pepper, and tomato chutneys.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1129 Calories from Fat 626
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g108.2%
Saturated Fat 29.2 g146.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1761 mg587%
Sodium 1730.1 mg72.1%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g41%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 68 g136.7%
Vitamin A 74.6% Vitamin C 46.6%
Calcium 38.3% Iron 77.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet