|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Add egg yolks to a bowl and beat using an electric hand mixture until thick and pale.
2. Whisk in the salt and cayenne.
3. While beating constantly at a low speed, gradually pour melted butter, adding not more than 1/3rd of it at a time.
4. When more than half of the butter is incorporated, gradually beat in the lemon juice alternately with the butter.
5. When all the butter has been blended into the emulsion beat for a few seconds more.
6. Just before serving, place the bowl over a double boiler and stir until the sauce has thinned out and is the consistency of custard.
7. Serve this sauce warm over vegetables, fish or meat.