Eggs Baked In Tomatoes
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Tomato puree||2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
1) Wash tomatoes and wipe dry. With a knife remove the top.
2) With a spoon scoop out the pulp without damaging the shell.
3) Rub salt on the inside of the tomato. Turn upside for 30 minutes to drain liquid.
4) Skin and finely chop garlic.
5) Preheat oven at 350°F
6) With a fluted pastry cutter, cut bread into rounds.
7) Break egg into each tomato shell. Let the yolk pour in, keeping back the white.
8) Add salt and freshly ground pepper.
9) Blend in tomato puree with cream. Spoon over eggs.
10) Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on it.
11) Arrange tomatoes in ovenproof dish and bake near the top of oven for 15-20 minutes.
12) In a pan, heat butter and oil and sauté bread till crisp and golden on both sides.
13) Place each tomato on rounds of bread and serve immediately.