Egg And Onion Casserole
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||2 Ounce|
1) Hard boil the eggs and take off the shells, Slice the eggs in half.
2) Peel the onions and slice them. Gently fry them in 1 ounce of the butter or margarine till the onions ave softened and are golden brown. This usually takes about 10 minutes.
3) In the meantime, melt the remaining butter in a saucepan. Stir in the flour and beat in the milk very gradually. Beat well to make the sauce really smooth.
4) Season the sauce and cook over low heat for about 3 minutes.
5) Spoon the sauce over cooked onions which have been placed in the base of the caserole dish. Arrange the egg slices around the sides and over the top. Pour the sauce all over and sprinkle with the cheese.
6) Grill the preparation till it is golden brown and bubbling hot.
7) Serve hot with creamed potatoes.