Anchovy and Egg Sandwich
|Anchovies||20 , washed and boned|
|Hard boiled egg yolks||6 Medium|
|Grated parmesan cheese/Grated cheddar cheese||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Double cream||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
1. Using a pestle and mortar or in a liquidizer pound together the anchovies, egg yolks, cheese, cayenne and cream, using enough of the cream to make a smooth blend.
2. Coat the bread with the butter.
3. With the anchovy and egg mixture spread half the slices, not too thickly as it is quite rich and strong.
4. Press the other slices of bread on top.
5. Trim off the crusts thereafter cutting into fingers or triangles.
6. Serve as appetizers at a tea party.