Chocolate Egg Cream
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold skim milk/Whole milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chocolate syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ice cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (6 To 8)|
1. Into a small saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatine over 1/4 cup cold milk and let stand 1 minute.
2. Stir over low heat until gelatine is completely dissolved, about 4 minutes.
3. In a blender, process remaining 1 cup milk, syrup and sugar.
4. While processing, through feed cap, slowly include the gelatine mixture and process such that blended.
5. Put in ice cubes, 1 at a time and process at high speed until ice is melted.
6. Into glasses pour and top with a splash of cola.
Calories 291 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.9 g1.4%
Saturated Fat 0.47 g2.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.9 mg1%
Sodium 130.6 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 50.3 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 19% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet