Simple Poached Eggs
1. Grease bottom of a small skillet. Add water to 2-in. depth or enough to rise 1-in. above tops of eggs.
2. Add salt to water.
3. Bring water to boiling and then reduce heat to keep water simmering. Uncover pan.
4. Break eggs (only one at a time) into a saucer or small dish.
5. Tilting dish toward edge of pan, quickly slip each egg into water; do not crowd. Cook uncovered 3 to 5 min., depending upon firmness desired. Carefully remove eggs with slotted spoon. To drain, hold spoon on folded paper napkin a few seconds.
6. Serve plain or on hot, buttered, toasted bread or English muffin halves; or serve with vegetables. Season with salt and pepper or paprika.
Calories 143 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 382.2 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 0.77 g0.26%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 13 g25.2%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.3% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet