Simple Poached Eggs
1. Grease bottom of a small skillet. Add water to 2-in. depth or enough to rise 1-in. above tops of eggs.
2. Add salt to water.
3. Bring water to boiling and then reduce heat to keep water simmering. Uncover pan.
4. Break eggs (only one at a time) into a saucer or small dish.
5. Tilting dish toward edge of pan, quickly slip each egg into water; do not crowd. Cook uncovered 3 to 5 min., depending upon firmness desired. Carefully remove eggs with slotted spoon. To drain, hold spoon on folded paper napkin a few seconds.
6. Serve plain or on hot, buttered, toasted bread or English muffin halves; or serve with vegetables. Season with salt and pepper or paprika.