Asparagus, Parmesan and Egg Tart
|Plain flour||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Butter||3 Ounce, chilled|
|Asparagus spears||6 Ounce, trimmed|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Parmesan||1 Ounce, grated|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In a bowl, put the flour and rub in the butter till the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Add 2 tablespoons of water and mix well to make a firm dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough and use it to line an 8-inch flan tin. Keep in refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
3) With crumpled foil, fill the pastry case and place it in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Take out the foil and put the flan case back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Bring the temperature down to 350 degrees.
4) In a wide frying pan, cook the asparagus in boiling water for about 10 minutes, till it is tender. Drain well and refresh the cooked asparagus under cold running water. Drain properly again.
5) With the cream, beat one egg and season mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
6) In the flan case, arrange the cooked asparagus neatly.
7) Into a saucer, break each of the 4 remaining eggs and then carefully slice them into the flan case. Pour over the cream mixture and sprinkle grated Parmesan all over.
8) Put the tart in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes or till the eggs have set.
9) Serve hot.