St Hubertus Pannenkoeken
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2|
|Eggs||1⁄2 Teaspoon, beaten|
|Melted butter||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
2) Slightly beat eggs by adding milk.
3) In the center of dry ingredients, prepare a hole to add milk mixture.
4) Stir to blend all together, not bothering about the lumps. Keep it aside 30 minutes.
5) Use a griddle or 10" (25 cm) frying pan to heat over medium-high until a drop of water will spit and sizzle. Set the temperature at 400°F (200°C) on electric fry pan.
6) Lightly grease with butter.
7) Take 1/2 cup (125 mL) of batter to pour onto griddle, gently tilting griddle to spread batter into a circle.
8) Cook the pancake till it is full of bubbles.
9) Use a knife, to loosen around edge and shake the pan to loosen pancake.
10) Use a long wide spatula to turn pancake and brown the other side.
11) Cool the pancakes on wire rack and stack on aluminum foil to store inside refrigerator.
12) At the time of serving, place the pancakes inside oven at 350°F (180°C) oven for 20 minutes or until piping hot.
13) Use warmed plact to serve the pannekoeken by arranging goldeye, eggs, cucumber fingers attractively on top with apple rings in centre as a garnish.