Hot Marble Sponge
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Cornflour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Sugar||6 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
1) Take a 1 1/2 pint fluted ring mould and grease it. Also, cover the hole, with a piece of foil to avoid seepage of water during cooking.
2) Take a clean mixing bowl and beat together margarine and sugar until smooth and light. Gradually, whisk in eggs, one at a time.
3) Add in some flour along with the eggs, to prevent curdling of the mixture.
4) Mix the remaining flour gently and also blend in milk. The batter should acquire a spoon dropping consistency.
5) Pour half the batter in a separate bowl. Add cocoa and mix well.
6) Stir in lemon rind in the remaining batter.
7) Now, take the greased mould and pour spoonful of each batter, alternatively in it.
8) Steam for about 30-35 minutes. Unmould and place on a serving platter.
9) Preparing Sauce: Pare the lemon skins and chop them into thin strips. Squeeze lemons and mix the juice with water to make about 1/2 pint liquid.
10) In a clean bowl mix corn flour with 1 tbsp of liquid. Take a pan and heat the remaining liquid in it, together with sugar and lemon rind.
11) Add corn flour and stir well. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for a couple of minutes.
12) Allow the sauce to cool.
13) Spoon the sauce over the pudding and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2350 Calories from Fat 935
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g161.9%
Saturated Fat 20.9 g104.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 426 mg142%
Sodium 2350.7 mg97.9%
Total Carbohydrates 330 g110.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g53.8%
Sugars 176.2 g
Protein 34 g68%
Vitamin A 92.2% Vitamin C 149%
Calcium 75% Iron 66.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet