Baked Eggs In Tomatoes
|Ripe firm tomatoes||2 Large, halved crosswise|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated sharp cheddar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F.
2) In a greased 9 inch pie pan, scoop and place the tomatoes, with the cut sides up, then bake without the lid for 5 to 7 minutes.
3) Break and add 1 egg into each tomato half.
4) Combine the crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper together. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the eggs, and drizzle with the melted butter.
5) Bake without the lid for about 15 minutes until the eggs are firm and the topping is golden in colour.
6) Serve in a nice plate.