|Fresh spinach||2 Pound|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bechamel sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Medium White Sauce)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Artichoke bottoms||8 , cooked (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Eggs||8 , poached|
|Hollandaise sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a colander, wash the spinach thoroughly and discard thick stems.
2. Blanch the spinach in boiling water until wilted.
3. Refresh the spinach in ice water to stop further cooking.
4. Drain and dry on paper towels absorbing all moisture till spinach is dry.
5. In a large sauté pan, melt the butter.
6. Add green onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
7. Further add the spinach and sauté for another 2 minutes.
8. Stir in the béchamel sauce and season with salt and pepper.
9. Take the pan off the heat and keep warm.
10. On each of 4 warmed plates, make a bed of the creamed spinach and top with 2 warm artichoke bottoms.
11. Put 2 poached eggs on the artichoke bottoms and generously spoon over the hollandaise sauce.
12. Serve with hot buttered toast if desired.