Quick & Easy Eggs Benedict
|English muffins||2 , split and toasted|
|Canadian bacon slice||4|
|Eggs||4 , poached|
|For hollandaise sauce|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1) Take a medium-sized glass mixing bowl; blend egg yolks, lemon juice and white pepper in it with a wire whisk for the Hollandaise sauce and keep aside.
2) Microwave butter in a 2-cup measure at Power Hi for 1 3/4 to 2 minutes till it melts.
3) Add in butter in a steady stream to egg mixture, stirring constantly with the whisk and microwave it for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes at Power 5 until the mixture thickens, again stirring with whisk every 30 seconds.
4) Keep the sauce aside.
5) Arrange slices of Canadian bacon on a plate and cover it with a plastic wrap tightly.
6) Heat it by microwaving at Power Hi for 2 to 3 minutes and set aside.
7) Top each muffin half with one slice of Canadian bacon and poached egg.
8) Pour 2 ounces of Hollandaise Sauce over each egg and serve immediately.
Calories 486 Calories from Fat 357
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g62.2%
Saturated Fat 22.5 g112.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 444.6 mg148.2%
Sodium 492 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 16 g32.1%
Vitamin A 26.9% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet