|Egg whites||4 (At Room Temperature)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mocha filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1) On a brown paper draw two 8-inch circles.
2) Cut out the circles and place at the center of the baking sheet.
3) In a small mixing bowl beat egg whites to form a soft peak.
4) Gently add 1 tablespoon sugar and beat till stiff peaks form.
5) Fold remaining sugar and cinnamon.
6) With a spoon take half of meringue mixture and place on the paper circle.
7) With the back of spoon spread into a circle about 8 inches in diameter. Shape the circle into a shell.
8) Do it again with the remaining meringue.
9) Place in oven and bake at 275° for 1 hour.
10) Keep meringues aside till cold. Gently remove from paper. Cool the layers completely on wire racks.
11) Put one meringue on a serving platter and fill with Mocha Filling.
12) Put meringue shell on top.
13) Sprinkle powdered sugar lightly over top.
14) Decorate with whipped cream or make rosettes. Place sliced almonds in whipped cream or on each rosette. Chill before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2337 Calories from Fat 391
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.2%
Saturated Fat 26.8 g134%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165.7 mg55.2%
Sodium 1233.8 mg51.4%
Total Carbohydrates 473 g157.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 418 g
Protein 14 g28.7%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.16%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet