Southern Deviled Eggs
|White distilled vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Other(Full absorption))|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Dukes)|
|Sweet relish||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Dill relish||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Mustard||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Drop|
|Old bay seasoning/Seasoning/ regular salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a pot, place the eggs and cover them with lukewarm water.
2. Add vinegar and salt and bring them to boil on medium heat. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
3. After 2 minutes, remove from heat. Cover with a lid and allow it to sit for around 11 minutes.
4. Rinse and drain the eggs in cold water few times.
5. Cover the eggs in cold water with ice and let it sit for around 3 minutes.
6. Peel them carefully.
7. Slice the eggs carefully lengthwise and put the yolk in a separate bowl.
8. Mash them till crumbly and refrigerate them till chilled.
9. Add the mayonnaise and stir to mix well.
10. Put the relish and onions and mix well till combined.
11. Add the mustard, Tabasco, old bay seasoning, black pepper and garlic powder. Mix after adding each ingredient.
12. Put this yolk mixture in a piping bag and pipe it into the egg whites.
13. Sprinkle paprika, arrange them on a serving platter and refrigerate till very cold.
14. In a serving plate, serve the eggs as an appetizer.
Calories 283 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.8%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 385.3 mg128.4%
Sodium 787.6 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet