Eggs Baked In Tomato Cups
|Tomatoes||2 Large, cut in half|
|Fresh herbs||1 Tablespoon (Basil, Parsley)|
|Shallots||2 , chopped|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Swiss And Cheddar)|
1) From the tomatoes, remove the seeds and pulp carefully.
2) Drain the tomato halves by putting them up-side down.
3) Along with fresh herbs and shallots, chop the pulp and season with pepper and salt.
4) Into each empty tomato shell, slip an egg yolk gently.
5) Cover each shell with some of the tomato mix and place them in a baking dish.
6) Mix the cheese and sprinkle each tomato generously with it. Bake till the cheese is bubbly.
7) Serve hot with crusty bread.