|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking oats||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Crisp rice cereal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend shortening and sugar well to make it creamy and light.
3. Put an egg in the mixture, whisk it and repeat the process with the other egg.
4. Add vanilla and blend well.
5. Sieve flour, soda and salt and once done transfer the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
6. Put oats, rice cereal and coconut in the mixture and mix well.
7. Take greased baking sheet and with a teaspoon, drop the mixture onto it.
8. Bake the mixture for 12- 15 minutes.