Shrimp Egg Foo Yong
|Drained canned bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cleaned cooked shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Combine bean sprouts and onions in a bowl. If shrimp are large, cut in small pieces. Add to bean sprout mixture.
2. Break eggs into a bowl and beat well with a fork. Stir in bean sprout mixture.
3. In a small saucepan combine soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, and salt. Stir in water. Cook over low heat, stirring, until thickened. Keep warm over very low heat.
4. Heat salad oil in a skillet over medium heat. Put about 1/4 cup of egg mixture in skillet as for pancakes. Fry on one side until golden brown, turn and brown other side. Arrange on a hot platter and keep warm while frying remaining mixture.
5. Cover with heated sauce and serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 689 Calories from Fat 281
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1502.9 mg501%
Sodium 2738.3 mg114.1%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.3%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 68 g136.7%
Vitamin A 34.7% Vitamin C 17.6%
Calcium 34.4% Iron 53.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet