Eggs A La King with Ham
|Fully cooked ham||2 Pound (1 Can)|
|Apricot preserves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|For eggs a la king|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green pepper strips||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsifted all purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2 , crumbled|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||3 Ounce, drained|
|Pimientos||2 , cut into thin strips (Canned)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||4 , cut into wedges|
|White bread slice||4 , toasted and halved|
1. Preheat oven to 37 5F. Heat ham in oven
5 minutes to dissolve gelatine. Score ham.
2. Combine preserves with lemon juice, mixing well. Brush ham with apricot mixture. Bake 20 minutes, or until ham is heated through and glazed.
3. Meanwhile, make Eggs a la King: In hot butter, in large saucepan, saute green pepper until tender—about 5 minutes. Remove from saucepan.
4. Stir flour smoothly into remaining butter in skillet. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Add bouillon cubes, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire.
5. Bring mixture to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute.
6. Add green peppers, mushrooms, pimientos, sherry, and eggs; reheat gently.
7. Arrange toast on serving platter; pour over a la king mixture. Slice ham; arrange on platter. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
Calories 1047 Calories from Fat 560
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.7%
Saturated Fat 26.4 g132.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 499.2 mg166.4%
Sodium 1149.2 mg47.9%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 75 g150.5%
Vitamin A 37.8% Vitamin C 71.8%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet