Sunrise Easter Egg Baskets
|Refrigerated pie crusts||2 (1 Package)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Small (Chopped)|
|Bulk sausage||8 Ounce (1/2 Package)|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Unroll both pie crusts and cut each crosswise into quarters. (8 pieces total).
3) Cut 8 squares of aluminum foil slightly larger than the pie crust pieces.
4) Lay each piece of pie crust on top of a foil square and gently press into muffin tin. Arrange or flute the edges of each pie crust.
5) Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and saute onions and pepper until soft.
6) Add the sausage and brown until no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
7) Spoon 2 T. of the sausage mixture into each pie basket. Press down firmly with the back of the spoon.
8) Bake for 15 minutes.
9) Remove from oven and crack an egg into the top of each basket.
10) Carefully return to the oven and bake an additional 15 minutes.
11) Remove from oven and serve immediately. Eggs will be soft baked with slightly runny yolks. Salt to taste.
This video is a creation of ginnymccormack. You can visit ginnymccormack for complete recipes, and more videos.
Calories 772 Calories from Fat 421
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.1%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g83.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 452.2 mg150.7%
Sodium 864.9 mg36%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 24 g47.6%
Vitamin A 18.5% Vitamin C 35.5%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet