Sunrise Egg Baskets is another favorite recipe to celebrate Easter time. It is a nice and smart Easter brunch idea, which is delicious as well as nutritious. Invite your friends and family for a warm Easter brunch occasion and serve this easy to prepare meal.
Refrigerated pie crusts
2 (1 Package)
1⁄2 Small, chopped
Red bell pepper
1⁄2 Small (Chopped)
8 Ounce (1/2 Package)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Unroll both pie crusts and cut each crosswise into quarters. (8 pieces total).
3) Cut 8 squares of aluminum foil slightly larger than the pie crust pieces.
4) Lay each piece of pie crust on top of a foil square and gently press into muffin tin. Arrange or flute the edges of each pie crust.
5) Heat oil in skillet over medium heat and saute onions and pepper until soft.
6) Add the sausage and brown until no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
7) Spoon 2 T. of the sausage mixture into each pie basket. Press down firmly with the back of the spoon.
8) Bake for 15 minutes.
9) Remove from oven and crack an egg into the top of each basket.
10) Carefully return to the oven and bake an additional 15 minutes.
11) Remove from oven and serve immediately. Eggs will be soft baked with slightly runny yolks. Salt to taste.
This video is a creation of ginnymccormack. You can visit ginnymccormack for complete recipes, and more videos.
Easter is the time of colorful eggs and when egg preparations are synonymous. Watch chef Ginny making Sunrise Egg Baskets with baked cracked egg on the top of each. Just right for an Easter brunch with family and friends.