Ham And Eggs Ranchero
|Chili seasoning mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Canned tomato sauce||16 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mexican style whole kernel corn||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cubed cooked ham||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. Blend chili-seasoning mix, tomato sauce, water, corn and liquid and ham in a medium-size saucepan; bring to boiling, then simmer, stirring the mixture several times, for 15 minutes.
2. While the sauce simmers, beat eggs with milk until foamy in a medium-size bowl; stir in cheese.
3. Melt butter or margarine over low heat in a medium-size skillet, tipping pan to coat sides; pour in egg mixture.
4. Cook very slowly, stirring gently from bottom and sides of pan, just until the eggs start to set and are creamy-soft; remove from the heat.
5. Spoon chili-ham mixture into a shallow serving dish; mound eggs on top. Garnish with green-pepper rings, if you wish.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1724 Calories from Fat 1043
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 117 g180.3%
Saturated Fat 62 g310.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1921.4 mg640.5%
Sodium 6481.6 mg270.1%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 9 g35.9%
Sugars 32.7 g
Protein 87 g173.6%
Vitamin A 135.4% Vitamin C 60.2%
Calcium 121.9% Iron 66.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet