|Spinach||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||175 Milliliter (3/4 Cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomato slices||4 (For Garnish)|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
1. Cook the spinach, with just the water remaining on the leaves after washing, for about 10 minutes, until just tender. Drain and chop roughly. Stir in the cream, and season well with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Keep warm.
2. Lightly poach the eggs until the whites are just set.
3. To make the sauce, melt the margarine in a pan, stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute, stirring. Remove from the heat and gradually blend in the milk. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, and boil for 1-2 minutes.
4. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer the spinach to a lightly greased 600 ml (2 1/2 cup) ovenproof dish. Make 2 hollows in it with the back of a spoon and place the eggs in the hollows. Pour over the hot sauce and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
6. Cook under a broiler for about 3 minutes, until bubbling and beginning to brown. Garnish with tomato and parsley. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 791 Calories from Fat 390
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.2%
Saturated Fat 18.2 g90.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 482.2 mg160.7%
Sodium 1537.3 mg64.1%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.8%
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 45 g90.8%
Vitamin A 466.4% Vitamin C 121.7%
Calcium 105.3% Iron 52.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet