Cheese, Beetroot And Egg Salad
|Hard boiled eggs||3 , shelled and sliced|
|Lettuce head||1 Small|
|Beetroot||1 Medium, boiled, peeled and sliced|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Horseradish mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Radishes||4 , cut into flowers|
1. Remove outer leaves of lettuce, wash well, dry with a towel and shred finely. Arrange it at the bottom of a shallow salad bowl.
2. Arrange beetroot slices round the edge.
3. Place sliced eggs on top of the beetroot slices.
4. Open the lettuce heart, soak in chilled water and drain well.
5. Chop remaining eggs, add salt and pepper, mix well with little mayonnaise. Pile the mixture in the centre of the salad and arrange the lettuce heart around the base.
6. Sprinkle with cheese and garnish with radish flowers. Serve extra mayonnaise separately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1524 Calories from Fat 1071
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g183.7%
Saturated Fat 27.6 g137.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 854.5 mg284.8%
Sodium 3363.3 mg140.1%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68.1%
Sugars 36.1 g
Protein 57 g114%
Vitamin A 447.7% Vitamin C 130.8%
Calcium 96.1% Iron 48.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet