Cheese And Egg Croquettes
|Hard boiled eggs||2 , mashed well|
|Grated cheese||100 Gram|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground roasted cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Eggs||2 , beaten (Extra)|
|Bread crumbs||4 Tablespoon|
|Soft margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Melt margarine. Add flour and mix well.
2. Pour in milk gradually, stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Remove from the fire and beat in the 3 eggs. Add salt, pepper, chilli, ground cumin, cheese, bacon and mashed eggs.
4. Oil a large plate and turn out the mixture and spread it. Smooth top and allow it to cool.
5. Divide into 8 equal portions. Shape into croquette.
6. Dip into beaten eggs. Coat with bread crumbs. Fry until golden. Drain well and serve hot with any sauce. (See chapter "Sauces") in the book "Flavours of China" by same author.