Asparagus With Poached Eggs And Citrus Ginger Vinaigrette
|Fresh orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Pickled ginger juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Wasabi powder||2 Teaspoon, mixed with 2 teaspoons water|
|Shallot||1 Small, minced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Panko japanese bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Asparagus||1 Pound, trimmed (Medium Size)|
|Egg yolks||2 Large, lightly beaten|
|Eggs||4 Large (At Room Temperature)|
|Canola oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Radish sprouts||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. In a small bowl, whisk the fresh orange and lime juices with the pickled ginger juice, soy sauce, wasabi-water mixture and minced shallot until combined. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking until emulsified. Season the citrus-ginger vinaigrette with salt. Put the panko in a large resealable plastic bag and crush the bread crumbs finely with a rolling pin.
2. Bring a wide, deep skillet of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Using tongs, transfer half of the asparagus to a large plate and the remaining asparagus to a bowl. Add the egg yolks to the bowl and toss to coat the asparagus. Transfer the coated asparagus to the bag and shake to coat with the panko.
3. Return the asparagus water to a simmer. Carefully crack each whole egg into a small bowl and slip each one into the water. Poach over moderate heat for 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer the poached eggs to another plate.
4. Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a medium skillet. Add the breaded asparagus and fry over high heat until they are golden and crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer the fried asparagus to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
5. Spoon the citrus-ginger vinaigrette onto 4 plates and add the blanched and fried asparagus. Top with the poached eggs, garnish with radish sprouts and serve right away.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1318 Calories from Fat 821
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140.7%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g68.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 1216.1 mg405.4%
Sodium 1404.2 mg58.5%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.7 g50.8%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 51 g101.9%
Vitamin A 102.9% Vitamin C 67.9%
Calcium 27.8% Iron 81.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet