Easy Eggs Benedict
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|White distilled vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Canadian bacon||2 Ounce|
|Hollandaise sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Take an English muffin and split in half. Toast each half and spread with butter. Place on a plate.
2. Pour the water into a saucepan. Add the salt and white distilled vinegar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Do not bring to a boil.
3. Break the egg one at a time onto a plate. Slowly slide the egg into the simmering water. Repeat with additional eggs.
4. Simmer the eggs for 3 to 5 minutes or until the whites have coagulated and the yolks are still soft. While the eggs are simmering heat a small sautÃ© pan and warm the Canadian bacon. Place one of the warmed Canadian bacon slice on an English muffin half.
5. Using a slotted spoon remove the eggs one at a time and drain well. Place the egg on top of the Canadian bacon slice.
6. Ladle the hollandaise sauce over the egg and serve immediately.
Calories 374 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 257.6 mg85.9%
Sodium 1456.7 mg60.7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 0.66%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet