Deep Fried Eggs And Vegetables
|Dried black mushrooms||4|
|Chinese cabbage stems||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Soak dried mushrooms.
2. Shred Chinese cabbage, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and soaked mushrooms.
3. Heat oil in a small pan. Break one egg gently onto a flat plate, then slide into hot oil. Deep-fry until its edges begin to brown (2 to 3 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper toweling. (Fry only one egg at a time.)
4. Cut lettuce into strips. Arrange on a serving platter with eggs on top.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add salt, then shredded vegetables, and stir-fry 2 minutes.
6. Add stock and heat quickly; then simmer, covered, 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste. Then add, along with sugar and pepper, and cook, stirring, to thicken. Pour over deep-fried eggs and serve at once.