Stuffed Eggs: Hard Boiled Steamed And Deep Fried
|Lean pork||3⁄4 Pound|
|Ginger juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Steaming liquids||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Place eggs in cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer gently 12 to 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile mince or grind pork. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then add to pork along with sherry and ginger juice, mixing well. Divide mixture into 12 parts. Form each into a ball, then flatten into a thick patty.
3. Cool eggs thoroughly under cold running water; then shell. Cut each egg in half lengthwise. Then cut a small slice from the back of each half so that it will lie flat when turned yolk side up.
4. Arrange eggs yolk-side up on a shallow heatproof dish; top each with a meat patty. Steam for 10 minutes Drain eggs, reserving the liquids.
5. Heat oil. Carefully lower in stuffed eggs, meat-side up. Deep-fry, basting with hot oil, until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
6. Meanwhile in a saucepan blend steaming liquids, soy sauce, salt, sugar, and remaining cornstarch. Bring to a boil, stirring to thicken. Then pour sauce over eggs and serve at once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1406 Calories from Fat 839
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.7%
Saturated Fat 21.6 g108.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1500.2 mg500.1%
Sodium 3366.6 mg140.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 109 g218.9%
Vitamin A 29.6% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 18.6% Iron 53.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet