Deep Fried Coated Eggs
|Lean pork||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. Hardboil eggs as above, and shell, but leave eggs whole.
2. Meanwhile mince pork and scallion stalks; then combine with cornstarch, sherry, soy sauce and salt, blending well.
3. Coat each egg with about 3 tablespoons of the pork mixture, using a knife to spread mixture as evenly as possible.
4. Heat oil. Gently lower in coated eggs and deep-fry, basting with hot oil, until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
5. Cut eggs in half lengthwise.