Classic Eggs Florentine
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh mushroom||4 Ounce, cleaned and sliced lengthwise|
|Swiss cheese slice||2 , cut in 4 strips|
|Salt||To Taste (If Desired)|
|Pepper||To Taste (If Desired)|
1. Pierce frozen spinach package with a fork. Set on a paper towel in microwave oven and heat 3 minutes at High, or until defrosted.
2. Remove from oven; drain spinach and set aside.
3. Put 1 tablespoon butter, onion and mushrooms into a 1 1/2-quart glass casserole. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 3 to 3Vi minutes at High, or until onion and mushrooms are soft; stir once.
4. Add drained spinach, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to casserole; mix well. Divide mixture equally in four 10-ounce glass dishes. Make a depression in each. Set aside.
5. Butter bottoms of four 6-ounce glass custard cups. Slip an egg into each cup and pierce egg yolk. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook in microwave oven 6 to 7 minutes at Medium-Low, or until almost set; rotate and rearrange custard cups after 2 minutes and after 4 minutes.
6. Remove eggs from oven and set aside.
7. Heat the 4 dishes with spinach mixture uncovered in microwave oven 2 minutes at High, or until spinach is hot. Slip an egg into each depression. Crisscross 2 strips of cheese on each egg. Heat uncovered 1 to 1 1/2 minutes at High, or until cheese begins to melt.
8. Sprinkle salt and pepper over eggs, if desired.