We show you how to make the perfect poached egg in this easy step-by-step guide.
3 Cup (48 tbs) (as required)
Buttered toast/Buttered crumpet
1 (For serving)
1. Into a small ramekin, crack an egg and set aside.
2. Half-fill a large frying pan with freshly boiled water, add in the cider vinegar and heat over a medium flame. Watch for small bubbles around the edge. Don't boil the water.
3. Carefully drop in the cracked egg, keep it on a low heat for exactly 1 minute. The egg will start to rise to the top of the pan once it is cooked.
4. Carefully take the egg out of the frying pan with a slotted spoon and put it on kitchen paper to drain.
5. Serve the poached egg on top of a hot, buttered crumpet or toast.
A lot of people find the idea of making the perfect poached egg an intimidating one. This amazing video, however, makes it sounds like child's play, really! Watch this video to know how to make a deliciously perfect poached egg within a matter of minutes.