|For choux pastry|
|Sifted flour||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint, stiffly whipped|
|Chocolate glace icing||4 Ounce (made with 4 ounces of icing sugar)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) In a pan, put the water, butter and salt. Heat gently till the butter has melted.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil and then take it off the heat immediately. Quickly beat in the flour all at once.
4) Continue to beat the mixture for about 2 minutes, till the mixture starts to draw away from the sides of the pan and forms a ball.
5) Let the mixture cool slightly and then beat in the eggs, a little bit at a time, till the dough is shiny and smooth.
6) Add just enough egg to the mixture to give it a consistency that it just falls from the spoon.
7) Into a large piping bag that has been fitted with a ½-inch nozzle, put the mixture.
8) On wetted baking sheets, pipe 10 to 12 4-inch lengths. Allow room for expansion by spacing the lengths apart appropriately.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, reduce the temperature to 375 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes.
10) In the side of each prepared Ã©clair, make a slit so that the steam can escape. Quickly cool on a wire rack.
11) If you want to freeze the Ã©clairs, flash freeze till firm, pack in a rigid container (separate each layer with foil), seal, label and return to the freezer.
12) To serve without freezing, put the Ã©clairs on a serving platter, fill with whipped cream, coat with glace icing, allow to set for a while and then serve at room temperature. If using frozen Ã©clairs, first thaw and reheat in a preheated oven set at 400 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes, fill with whipped cream, coat with glace icing and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1650 Calories from Fat 1203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g209.6%
Saturated Fat 37.1 g185.7%
Trans Fat 6.5 g
Cholesterol 544.9 mg181.6%
Sodium 630.5 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.38 g1.5%
Sugars 72.5 g
Protein 16 g32.7%
Vitamin A 38.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.9% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet