|Baking unsweetened chocolate||6 Ounce, chopped|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||5 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a pot, mix water, milk, butter, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil.
2. Once butter has completely melted, take off flame, and slowly pour in flour, stirring constantly.
3. Put pot back on flame and continue to work it with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring and kneading with spoon until the dough dries out and stops sticking to the sides of the pot.
4. Take off flame. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring energetically.
5. Fill a piping bag with batter. Butter a baking sheet. Squeeze out "finger-sized éclairs" onto baking sheet, well-spaced.
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 250 degrees centigrade. Then turn oven down to 230 degrees centigrade and bake another 10-12 minutes with the oven door open.
7. Melt chopped chocolate and milk in a pot, and bring to light boil, remove.
8. In a bowl, whisk yolks and sugar until it whitens.
9. Slowly add flour, stirring.
10. Slowly add chocolate and milk, stirring until homogenous.
11. Put back in pot, bring to light boil, stirring constantly, until mix thickens and becomes smooth, this the cream filling.
12. When cream cools off (and éclairs have cooled off as well), you can begin filling the éclairs .
13. Cut a small slit lengthwise, and then stuff with cream, using your baking sac or a small spoon.
14. Melt chocolate for icing with water in a small pot over a low flame.
15. Once melted add butter, whisking the whole time. Should look shiny and creamy!
16. Remove from heat. Spread a thin layer on each éclair, using a spatula.
17. Allow to rest until icing hardens a bit.
18. Serve cool.
Even if you are making fewer than 20 chocolate éclairs, make the full quantity of dough as it will prepare better! (You can always freeze what you don't use)
Calories 613 Calories from Fat 430
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.4%
Saturated Fat 29.2 g145.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 337.7 mg112.6%
Sodium 144.5 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42.1%
Sugars 23.3 g
Protein 17 g33.9%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 15.4% Iron 67.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet