|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 stick)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Vanilla pudding mix||1 (2 envelopes , low-calorie)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs) (skimmed)|
1. Bring water and butter or margarine to boiling in a medium-size saucepan. Stir in flour and salt all at once with a wooden spoon; continue stirring vigorously about 2 minutes, or until batter forms a thick, smooth ball that follows spoon around pan.
2. Remove from heat; cool slightly; beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until mixture is thick and shiny-smooth.
3. Shape batter, 1 tablespoon at a time, into thin strips, about 1 inch apart, on cookie sheets.
4. Bake in hot oven (400°) 30 minutes, or until puffed and lightly golden. Remove at once from the cookie sheets; cool on racks.
5. Prepare pudding mix with skim milk, as label directs; chill.
6. Cut a slice across top of each eclair and lift off. Scoop out any bits of soft dough from bottoms with tip of teaspoon. Fill each with a rounded tablespoon of pudding. Cut each top in half crosswise; push pieces into pudding in shell, butterfly-fashion. Garnish with half a strawberry, if you wish.