|Cream puff paste||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||6 Ounce, melted (1 Package)|
1. Make the full recipe for Basic Cream-Puff Paste.
2. Attach a large, plain tip to a pastry bag; spoon paste into bag. Press dough out into twelve 4-inch strips, 1 1/2 inches apart, on a large cookie sheet. Or, you may spoon paste into finger-length strips.
3. Bake in hot oven (400°) 40 minutes, or until puffed and golden-brown. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool completely.
4. Make filling: Combine flour and sugar in a medium-size saucepan. Stir in milk slowly. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles 3 minutes; remove from heat.
5. Beat egg yolks slightly in a medium-size bowl. Gradually beat in about 1 cup of the hot milk mixture. Pour back into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Place a piece of waxed paper directly on surface of filling to prevent a thick skin from forming. Chill at least 2 hours.
6. To fill the eclairs: Make a small hole in the end of each eclair with a small knife. Fit pastry bag with plain tip, fill with vanilla custard cream. Press the filling into eclairs. Or, you may split eclairs lengthwise, then spoon in the custard filling.
7. Glaze tops of eclairs with melted chocolate. Garnish with whipped cream and pistachio nuts, if you wish.