Top 10 Low Calorie Yogurt Drinks
Drinks made from yogurt are not only refreshing and cooling, but also good for you. It is a great way to kick start you morning because it is filling and you can whip up a new drink everyday, even if you are trying to lose weight. Yogurt can be incorporated in a variety of drinks and has a lot of health benefits to offer. Here is a list of delicious low calorie yogurt drinks to satisfy your taste buds, and it best part it all these can be prepared in less than ten minutes.
Low Calorie Yogurt Drinks
- Lassi (Indian Yogurt Drink): This is an easy to make Indian drink that requires minimal pre-preparation. All you need is low fat yogurt, sugar substitute, pinch of salt, little water, and lots of ice when blended together it is a drink that contains only 30 calories per serving, can you believe that! Variations of this drink can be made by adding seasonal fruits.
- Yogurt Drink: Beat yogurt and add fresh mint, salt, black pepper, and club soda in your hand you have a drink that provides only 59 calories. Try out the Indian version of this drink called ‘Masala Chaas’ too.
- Chris Carmicheal’s Super Drink: Well this is super in two ways, firstly tastes great, secondly its calorie content is only 68. It contains oat bran, milk, low fat yogurt, blueberries, apricot preserve, honey and a pinch of salt.
- Berry’s Breakfast Drink (Gordon’s): A delightful mix of pineapple juice, orange juice, strawberries, blueberries, banana, and our very own low fat vanilla yogurt. This satiating drink puts you back by only 93 calories per serving.
- Frozen Nectarine Smoothie: Nectarine itself is low in calories, when blended with apple juice, plain low fat yogurt, vanilla, honey, and lemon juice, this drink give you 124 calories per serving.
- Fruit Yogurt Swirl: Pineapples, peaches, strawberries, and bananas put together with low fat vanilla yogurt makes a unique drink which contains only 127 calories per serving.
- Cantaloupe Yogurt Drink: Cantaloupes are readily available, when blended with low fat yogurt and honey it makes an enlivening drink that costs you only 128 calories from you dietary regimen.
- Strawberry Orange Low Fat Yogurt Drink: Blend fresh strawberries, orange juice, low fat unflavored yogurt, chopped mint leaves, and sugar or its substitute to get this amazing drink that gives you only 169 calories per serving.
- Fruit Milk Shake: This low fat, high protein drink contains both milk and plain yogurt, along with soy protein and assorted frozen fruits. It provides the body with 193 calories per serving along with 12 grams of protein. You can even cut down the calories by using low fat yogurt.
- Quick Start Breakfast Drink: Although higher in calories (213/per serving) than the other drinks, it can be added to your daily menu as it is loaded with dietary fibre. It contains low fat yogurt, bananas, strawberries, pineapple juice, vanilla extract, and wheat germ. You can even substitute wheat germ with muesli or oats.