How To Clean Abalone
Abalones are not something we eat very often but learning how to clean abalone can come in use during fishing trips or while on vacations to islands where seafood abound. Outlined below is the simple method to clean this complex looking seafood
Tools Required for Cleaning Abalone
- Spatula 550100-pry-open-abalone-with-a-spatula.abalone-cleaning
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
Steps to Clean Abalone
- Place abalone in the sink.
- Using a blunt edged spatula, pry out the creature from its shell. Force the muscle that anchors it to the shell and you can separate it very easily.
- Slide out the abalone from the shell.
- Hold the body and cut out the guts and other viscera that hang down.
- Clean the creature under running water all the while scrubbing off the black film present on the body.
- Cut off the edges and the pointed end.
- Abalone is clean and ready. You can use it to make delicious dishes.
Tips to Clean Abalone
- Discard the waste parts as soon as possible.
- Wash and rinse abalone well before using.
Well, armed with the knowledge of how to clean abalone easily, you can surprise your friends on your next fishing trip in the islands.