How To Clean Wheat
Ever wondered how to clean wheat seeds that may house several insects, bugs, dirt, and other debris? To make sure that the wheat you are eating is safe, it is necessary to clean it. Read on to find out the steps involved in cleaning wheat effectively.
Things Required for Cleaning Wheat
- Large bowls - 2
- Dry towel
Steps to Clean Wheat
- Transfer wheat seeds into one bowl.
- Place other bowl in front of the fan and switch on the fan.
- Pour the wheat seeds from the bowl into the empty one. The fan would blow away chaff, husk, and other solid debris.
- Repeat the process until there is no visible debris in the wheat.
- Transfer seeds into a colander with holes that are small enough to hold the wheat seeds.
- Run water into the wheat seeds. Let water wash away remaining sand and dust.
- Continue to shake wheat seeds in colander.
- Transfer cleaned wheat seeds on kitchen towels to dry. Spread them on the kitchen towels and leave them to air dry.
- Check manually for any leftover debris and discard these.
Tips to Clean Wheat
- Be careful while using the fan, lest all debris finds its way into the bowl with cleaned wheat.
A little practice can help you in learning how to clean wheat perfectly without leaving behind any debris.