How To Clean Meat
All meat has to be cleaned prior to being eaten and hence learning how to clean meat is necessary for all meat lovers. Whether you are planning to cook beef, poultry, pork, or any other kind of meat, cleaning it is necessary. Wash meat thoroughly and get rid of all contaminants and other disease causing germs and bacteria that thrive in meat. Let us see how to clean meat and make it safe for consumption.
Things Required for Cleaning Meat
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Large bowl
- Lime wedges
- Fresh water
- Kitchen towels
- Large pot to boil water in
Steps to Clean Meat Thoroughly
- Remove meat from packaging.
- Cut off the unwanted fat and other parts that are not edible.
- Smear meat with vinegar and let sit for 20 minutes, this makes the meat tender and gets rid of harmful bacteria.
- Rinse meat with fresh water.
- Rub it with lime wedges thoroughly.
- Let stand in a bowl with the lime wedges and soaked in limejuice for 10 minutes.
- Pour boiling water over the meat.
- Rinse meat well under fresh water a couple of times.
- Meat is now clean and fit to be cooked.
Tips to Clean Meat
- Always clean hands and tools well after cutting and cleaning meat.
- Consume only well cleaned meat.
Cleaning meat at home would give you the satisfaction of eating clean and fresh meat. However, always see to it that you purchase meat from reliable sources to prevent any kind of infections.