How To Clean Lettuce
Lettuce being the main ingredient in most salads, learning how to clean lettuce will surely prove to be invaluable for thoswe who love eating/preparing salads. So, with no further ado, let's have a look at the easy steps of cleaning lettuce...
Things Required for Cleaning Lettuce
- Paring knife
- Cutting board
- Bowl of water
- Kitchen towels
- Salad spinner
Steps to Clean Lettuce
- Cut core of lettuce using a paring knife.
- Gently open up the leaves with your hands.
- Take a large bowl filled with water.
- Place lettuces leaves in water and gently scrub them with your fingers.
- Lift the lettuce leaves out of water.The dirt and sand would be at the bottom of bowl.
- Gently shake dry and place on kitchen towels.
You can also use a salad spinner for cleaning lettuce. For this follow steps 1 and 2 and then place the leaves in the colander inside the S.S. Fill the contraption with water and allow the leaves to soak in it for a while. Now remove the leaves from the colander and place them in the spinner to dry them quickly.
Tips for Cleaning Lettuce
- Always clean lettuce when you are planning to use it immediately.
- Do not store washed and cleaned lettuce for more than 3 days in refrigerator.
Once you master the art of cleaning lettuce, you can cut them and use them in various interesting recipes.
Image credit: startcooking.com/