How To Clean Cabbage
Cabbage with its many layers might seem to be a bit daunting to clean but the steps outlined below would help you understand how to clean cabbage most effectively and easily.
Tools Needed to Clean Cabbage
- Chopping board
- Clean tap water
- Kitchen towels
Steps to Clean Cabbage Thoroughly
- Remove the few outer leaves. These leaves would be thicker, might be wilted as well as discolored.
- Rinse the cabbage under cold, running water.
- Cut cabbage lengthwise into wedges.
- Place them in a solution containing salt for 20minutes. This helps to get rid of worms and other insects that have lodged within the cabbage.
- Clean cabbage wedges under running water.
Cleaning cabbage is not a difficult task at all. Most of the times cleaning the cabbage heads under running water alone is enough. If worms and insects become visible on cutting the cabbage, only then, a treatment in salt solution is necessary.
Image credit: food-skills-for-self-sufficiency.com/