How To Clean Asparagus
Like most vegetables, asparagus are covered with pesticides and dirt; hence, it is essential to know how to clean asparagus, before using them in any of your dishes. Here are some tips to clean the dirt and chemicals from the skin of Asparagus.
Things Needed To Clean Asparagus
- Clean water
- Tap Water
- Kitchen Towels
Steps to Clean Asparagus Easily
- Place asparagus in a trough of cold water.
- Allow them to soak for 5 minutes.
- Gently scrub the ends of each asparagus under water.
- Remove the asparagus from the trough and wash them individually under running water.
- The force of tap water will dislodge all the remaining dirt from the asparagus. Ensure that you clean the ends thoroughly, since this is where most dirt lurks.
- Pat dry asparagus and use as required.
One can clean Asparagus after peeling them too. Once washed asparagus is ready to be cooked.