How To Clean Salmon
If you know how to clean salmon correctly, there is no better meat than salmon to savor. Outlined below are steps to clean salmon throughly for a perfect salmon dish.
Things Needed To Clean Salmon
- Cutting board.
- Sharp knife.
- Bin for disposing of waste parts.
- Trough of water to wash salmon.
Steps for Cleaning Salmon Thoroughly
- Place salmon on its side on the cutting board.
- Using a sharp knife, slice off the cartilage from chin.
- Hold the gills and rip them off.
- Insert knife into urethral opening and make a small cut. The urethral opening is located near the reproductive organs of the salmon.
- Cut through the small incision to almost the collar.
- Put your fingers inside to get hold of the guts.
- Pull the guts out after easing them off with semicircular cuts.
- Remove salmon kidneys by scraping them off with a spoon.
- Wash the cleaned salmon in water.
Tips to Clean Salmon
- Use sharp knife.
- Sanitize the area and sink after cleaning of salmon.
- Take care not to get hurt.
Cleaning salmon is not very different from cleaning other fishes and hence a little practice can make you an expert.