How To Clean Lime
Outlined below is the simple technique explaining how to clean lime? The process used for cleaning lime is quite similar to that used for cleaning any other citrus fruit. However, for further clarity here are some steps that will help you in cleaning limes to perfection...
Requirements for Cleaning Lime
- Trough of water.
- Kitchen towels
Cleaning Lime in Vinegar Solution
Freshly picked limes or market bought limes would have pesticides and other chemical coatings on them. Clean the limes in a solution of water and vinegar to remove the aforementioned.
- Place limes in a colander.
- Rinse limes well under running water.
- Fill a trough with water and add vinegar to it.
- Transfer rinsed limes into this solution.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain vinegar solution.
- Wash limes under fresh, clean running water.
- Pat dry the limes with kitchen towels.
How to Clean Limes in Water
Limes picked from your kitchen garden or orchard or grown organically might not have chemical coating. Wash these limes under fresh water.
- 549824-clean-limes-under-fresh-water.cleaning-lime-under-waterPlace picked limes in a trough of water.
- Scrub each lime gently under water to remove adhering soil and sand.
- Rinse in fresh water.
- Spread out on kitchen towels to dry.
Tips to Clean Limes
- Do not cut limes prior to cleaning them.
Cleaning lime is an easy job but should not be neglected or avoided. All fruits and vegetables need to be washed clean prior to being cut and used.