How To Clean Lobster
Lobsters are among the most delicious of seafood and knowing how to clean lobster would be an additional skill for all culinary enthusiasts. Here are a few tips that will help you in this task...
Requirements for Cleaning Lobsters
- Gloves are handy to keep from getting hurt.
- A freezer or cool water to keep lobster while waiting to clean it.
- A trough of warm water.
Steps To Be Followed to Clean Lobster
- Place lobster on working table.
- Using your hands, pull the lobster tail twisting it one way and then the other. Hold the lobster head with the other hand.
- The lobster tail gets separated.
- Break the antennae of lobster halfway. Use the broken antenna to remove the digestive tract of lobster.
- To do this, insert the broken piece of antenna into the posterior or anal opening of the lobster and push it right through the entire length of the tail.
- The digestive tract would get pushed out from the other end.
- Now, pull the antenna back towards you.
- You will find some parts of the digestive tract sticking to the spines in the antenna.
- Clean the antenna and pass it through the anal opening once again.
- Repeat this procedure until the pulled out antenna comes back clean.
- Wash the lobster tail in warm water thoroughly.
Tips to Clean Lobster
- Sanitize the entire cleaning area, sink etc after cleaning lobster.
- Use disposable towels to handle lobsters.
Watch the video to pick up tips on how to clean lobster by cracking open its shell.