How To Clean Fruits
Fruits bought from supermarket needs to be cleaned well. Described here are a few steps on how to clean fruits easily to get rid of the bacteria as well as chemicals.
Requirements for Cleaning Fruits
- Large bowl.
- Kitchen towels.
Steps for Cleaning Fruits
- Place a container in the sink.
- Fill this with cool water.
- Squeeze half a lemon into the water.
- Add in ¼ tablespoon of salt.
- Mix well with your hand.
- Take each fruit and immerse in this water.
- Rub the fruit with your hand inside the water. A soft brush can be used for the purpose.
- Let fruit stand in water for 5 minutes.
- Take fruit out of water and wash under running water.
- Pat dry with kitchen towels.
- Fruits can be stored safely now.
Washing fruits with lemon and salt ensures that the chemicals and bacteria are washed away. If required a sink sprayer can be used to spray away mites and other contaminants from the fruits.
Tips to Clean Fruits
- Do not buy bruised fruits.
- Separate the rotten ones from the fresh ones.
- Do not immerse fruits for a long time in water.
- Always peel fruits only after washing them
Once you know how to clean fruits properly, they can be consumed without any fear of germs or pesticides adhering to the surface.