How To Clean Pumpkin
Ever wondered how to clean pumpkin? Well, pumpkins are used in a variety of dishes and learning to clean and cut pumpkins can go a long way in helping to include this vegetable in daily recipes. Outlined below is the simplest way to cut the pumpkin before making it as a Jack-O-Lantern for Halloween or may be using the flesh for some pumpkin pie…
Tools Required for Cleaning Pumpkin
- Soft vegetable brush.
- Cutting board
- Sturdy knife
- Serrated spoon
- Kitchen towels.
Steps to Clean Pumpkin
- Place the pumpkin in the sink.
- Wash under running water.
- Scrub the outsides of the pumpkin using a brush. Ensure not to bruise pumpkin.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Place pumpkin on cutting board.
- Using a sharp, sturdy knife cut through the center of pumpkin to divide it into two halves exposing the seeds and fibers.
- Using a spoon or a serrated knife, scrape the seeds and fibers away.
- Wash the insides of the gourd under running water.
- Dry with kitchen towels.
Pumpkin is cleaned and can be used to make pies, soups etc.
If you wish to use the pumpkin for making a Jack–O-Lantern for Halloween, do not cut the pumpkin into half, rather cut off only the top portion, and scoop out the seeds and fibers from the opening on the top.
- Do not cut pumpkin before washing them. This will cause dirt and grime outside to enter inside with the knife.
Learning how to cut pumpkin well will not only help you in preparing delicacies but also be a feather added to any amateur chef’s hat.